The 33ft/10m pole is easy to carry and readily installed quickly. Although light and small enough to fit in any large suitcase, it was developed to be rugged and durable. This ultra-portable mini pole has a heavy-duty screw-on base cap at the bottom to protect its segments from rocks and mud. Nubs on the bottom of the pole help prevent slippage.
Spiderbeam® fiberglass poles are extremely strong, with a much greater wall thickness than the typical "fishing rod" type. It uses a special reinforced winding technique – where several layers of fiberglass are wound in alternating direction (criss-cross wound) – providing greatly increased lateral and linear strength.
The Spiderbeam® mini poles have a much larger overlap between segments than most other fiberglass poles, which assures stronger joints between segments and results in a much stronger pole.
Spiderbeam® fiberglass poles are perfect for supporting all kinds of wire antennas. Great for Geocaching, SOTA, IOTA and any other popular application for traveling ham radio operators. The top segment of the mini pole is hollow, very rigid and got has a usable inner diameter of 4mm allowing a wire to pass through.
Unlike most competitors’ poles where the top segment is a very thin, solid whip, the Spiderbeam mini pole can be used to its full 10m length.
- The matching mini bag for comfortable transportation of the mini pole.
- fully extracted length 32 ft 10 in (10m).
- transport collapsed length 28.33 inches (0.72m)
- weight 4 lb 14 oz (2.22 kg)
- bottom diameter including the cap 2 19/32 inches (66mm)
- bottom diameter, no cap 2 3/8 inches (60mm)
- top diameter 1/4 inch (6mm)
- wall thickness top to bottom graduated 0.027-0.067 inches (0.7-1.4mm)
- number of segments 17
- pole material black fiberglass UV protected specially reinforced multi layer winding